ITEANZ and Austraffic are offering financial support for young members to attend worldwide conferences, meetings or other professional events which would allow them to interact and learn from other professionals. The aim is to contribute to their personal and professional development.
- Applicants must be no more than 35 years old at the time of the event.
- Applicants must be financial members of ITEANZ (Note that membership fees are heavily discounted for students and young members).
- Applicants must declare any other financial support for attending the event.
- The financial support will depend on the merits of the application but will have a limit of up to 75% of the total cost of conference registration, travel expenses and accommodation with a limit of $4000 per person per year.
- Successful applicants will report their learnings at a seminar or in a report.
Applications will be assessed on:
- the relevance to transport issues in ANZ,
- the reputation of the conference, and
- the value to the ITEANZ and the transport profession.
For example, attendance at ITE Annual Meetings in the US, IPENZ Conferences in NZ or Australian interstate events would be supported.
Applications are open on an ongoing basis.
Submission should include:
- Name, age, contact details.
- Details of conference, meeting or event.
- Details of total costs for registration, accommodation and travel.
- Why you wish to attend this event and how it would contribute to your personal and professional development.
- Current employment and career aspirations
- Any supporting statements from employer or other ITE members.
- Involvement in educational, professional or other activities.
- How you will share learnings from the event.
- How you address the above assessment criteria.
For further information and submission: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about ITEANZ and this fantastic learning opportunity go to https://www.ite.org.au/iteanz-awards/austraffic-worldwide-learning-opportunities/
Previous recipients include: